Monday, June 4, 2007

How to make Beaded Necklaces

About a year ago I started to get many requests for beaded jewelry, until then the only gemstones I have been using were cabochons (flat backs set with bezel). My father (my teacher) has never done much beaded jewelry so I had to learn on my own. I read lots of books in order to understand everything I needed before getting started. I did not want to get into this before having the proper knowledge. The finishing touch is what makes it really professional. I work with genuine gemstone beads (such as Aventurine, Amazonite, Black Onyx, Red Garnet, Purple Amethyst, Turquoise...) but also with genuine red coral & freshwater pearls. All metal parts I use are sterling silver 925 only & I use the best type of wire there is Beadalion.

My most popular beaded jewelry is:
Fleur de Lis necklaces:

all my necklaces come with the choice of gemstones.
I also carry matching beaded earrings.

Most recently I have added more beaded jewelry such as:

-the handcuff necklace


-the celtic cross necklace

and much more such as dragonfly, dove peace bird, celtic claddagh, family tree, turtle...

all those are very popular for Themed Weddings, many customers have told me the are having a theme for their wedding such as Celtic or Beach & they want a necklace & earrings set for all the bridemaids. I give them the opportunity to get all the same necklace with each their choice of gemstones. And since I also make matching cufflinks & tie tack pins they are all set for the men also. If you know anyone who is looking for such themed jewelry they can contact me through my website sterlingsilverart.com anytime. If you are looking for something specific contact me I can make almost anything!


No comments: